AlleviateC contains the same dose of organic magnesium and boron as Alleviate with the addition of organic calcium.
Calcium and magnesium are 2 of the 5 major electrolytes present in blood and body fluids. Blood levels of these vital minerals need to be kept at certain levels for life to continue.
When the diet fails to supply adequate levels, the blood is forced to borrow them from other tissues. Calcium is released from the skeleton and magnesium is borrowed from muscle tissue including the heart.
Too many horses are finished their useful life before they are 20.
Demineralisation is not something that you can see happening from the outside and once it becomes obvious by the appearance of degenerative diseases, it is too late.
Feeding top quality Vitamins and Minerals is the best thing you can do to promote a longer, useful life.
- Recreational Horses: everybody wants a calm, healthy horse that is a pleasure to take out on the trail and is comfortable to ride!!
- Competing & Racing Horses: For optimal muscle & respiratory function and an increased ability to cope with pressure on race or competition day
- Breeding & Growing Horses and Horses Grazing Kikuyu (Oxalate) pasture have an increased requirement for calcium, magnesium and boron and will benefit from XtraCal instead.
- Optimal Nerve and Muscle function: The presence of any tension in the horse will compromise movement, (range of motion). Tense muscles don't work very well! Both Calcium and magnesium are vital for nerve and muscle function. Horses are large animals and have a correspondingly large requirement, even more so when in work. Alleviate C will promote maximum range of motion an obvious advantage for competition or racing horses and fluid movement which is much more comfortable to ride.
- Mental Calmness & Clarity Calm horses are safer, perform better and are much more fun to be around
- Dilating the Circulatory System and Bronchial tubes for maximum oxygen delivery to the tissues thereby increasing stamina and recovery times.
- Mares who won't allow their new-born foal to drink
- For mild 'Belly-aches' caused by a change in the grass after rain (Always call the Vet for Colic)
- For 'muscle twitching'
- For 'locking stifles'
- Safe for other livestock including cattle, sheep, llamas, alpacas, goats & pets - to dissolve in water and syringe down:
A blend of highly absorbable organic calcium & magnesium with boron.
The organic calcium in AlleviateC is many times more absorbable than inorganic forms like calcium carbonate or dolomite, which means less powder is required per dose.
AlleviateC contains the dose of Alleviate (organic magnesium) so gives all the benefits of Alleviate plus the benefits of organic calcium.
Both magnesium and boron are major stimulators of the uptake of calcium. It is fruitless to feed any calcium without these co-factors.
Whilst small amounts can be beneficial, the more calcium carbonate (inorganic calcium as in dolomite) is fed the less is absorbed.
Alleviate C is even more effective when fed with
Premium NZ Horse Minerals
Why is AlleviateC separate from the Premium NZ Horse Minerals?
AlleviateC and XtraCal are separate to allow for varying calcium & magnesium requirements:
- Age of the horse, level of work, time of the year, stage of grass growth, whether grazing kikuyu or being subject to any stress.
- Dose rates of Calcium & Magnesium can be altered without altering the amounts of other minerals like selenium.
- AlleviateC is best for all ridden and performance horses. It is safe to feed alongside other products or feeds containing vitamins & minerals
- XtraCal is best for pregnant & lactating mares, growing youngsters, horses grazing oxalate (kikuyu) grass and horses in intense work